Sunday 18 March 2012

EVALUATION QUESTION 3: WHAT KIND OF MEDIA INSTITUTION MIGHT DISTRIBUTE YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT AND WHY?

One of my tasks was the Publishing House case study which was part of my planning and researching stage of my project. In this task I have decided to do IPC Media (http://www.ipcmedia.com/ ) which is a consumer magazine and a digital publisher in UK as I think IPC will publish my magazine as it will be beneficial in many ways for the company and for my magazine as well. IPC Media  has not yet publish a magainze that concentrates on only the music genre of HipHop/RnB and only has one music related magazine which is NME. If IPC publishes this magazine not only will it widen the music audience but it will be universal like fashion where it’s a trend that the world follows. It will also be an advantage as other magazines that IPC publishes such as Nuts, TVTimes and other magazines will benefit as well as HipHop/RnB listeners are into their TV shows and gossip. 

Secondly, they will gain a new audience besides from their main which are men, upmarket woman and market woman which are mainly adults. This will bring in the younger generation which are more into the gossip and TV shows as they have more spare time. This will benefit a lot as they are entering into a mass audience which none of their other magazines have at the moment. As they are hitting a new and much wider audience it will gain much more interest for all their other magazine and from other sponsors as well will the mass audience my music magazine will bring. Which obviously will kick of a domino effect which will increase profits and make the company more known and worldwide as HipHop/RnB music is a universal thing.

Also, as the world is getting more advanced in technology, people are now subscribing more as I found out through my research. Therefore I will definitely encourage my audience to subscription to my magazine and this will be an advantage for the audience as well as they will no longer need to go to the store and buy the magazine every time it has a new issue but it will be delivered to your door step instead.
For those people who aren’t really up to date with the technology, I would distribute my magazine to WHSmith as it is one of the most known store and it is famous for selling items such as utilities, books and stationeries. Also HMV as well as it best known for its media link as it sells music, games, magazines and all sorts of entertainment. My magazine will benefit a lot here as you will find lots dedicated music listeners shopping here often. Also youth clubs as well as the younger generation will be more interested in my magazine as it is linked to HipHop/RnB.

No comments:

Post a Comment